- Before we begin, let us look at what does a “linkable asset” actually imply:
“A linkable asset basically refers to a piece of content that is capable of being linked to.”
- Well, fighting to get more links for your website?? Probably, could be because your content is not link worthy. Surprising but it’s true that there are certain types of content which help you build better links.
- There is no denying in the fact that links play an extremely major role in improving the domain authority and page authority scores for a website, which ultimately impacts the overall ranking of the website.
- Hence incorporating quality back links in the content of your website is quite critical to decide whether your website is going to hit that top spot of the SERP (search engine result page) or worse, no.
- Also grabbing the top results of the page 1 ranking plays a crucial role in optimizing your website for perpetuating web traffic, thus generating revenue.
- All this is made possible through providing quality back links in your entire web pages known as “link authority” in the world of digital marketing.
IMPORTANCE OF LINKABLE ASSETS
- INCREASED ORGANIC SEARCH RESULTS:
- Linkable assets help upgrade the “link equity” for a website thus providing high Domain Authority scores and Rankings for the website.
- On the other hand link equity also known as link juice refers to the “link authority” transferred from one web page to another, this can be within the same website via internal links or between different websites via external links.
- INCREASED REFERRAL WEB TRAFFIC:
- One of the unavoidable advantages of linkable assets is “referral traffic”. In the world of SEO “referrals” form the root of web traffic, guiding people from various sources to your website.
- These sources are diverse, such as social media platforms, emails, blogs, directory submission sites, social bookmarking sites, press releasing sites, forum submission sites etc.
- INCREASED BRAND AWARENESS:
- The first step towards any Digital Marketing practice is creating brand awareness, due to the very fact that one cannot expect an online business to flourish without integrating it into the audience.
- All this is made possible by links. Though there are many link building tactics, when none of them works “linkable assets” would come to your rescue!!
CHARACTERISTICS A LINKABLE ASSET MUST POSSESS
- The link asset must preferably be concentrated on the ‘end users’ rather promoting a brand.
- This is because the webmasters are unlikely to take into account link assets containing high proportion of branding or promoting content.
- According to a study conducted by MOZ and BUZZsumo, content with more than thousand words have greater chances of getting more number of links and shares.
- Though there is no particular word count for improving link authority, lengthy relevant topics are subject to higher count of social shares.
- The average word count for Google first page results is 1,890 words.
- Visitors are more likely to share and link to content that fulfills their needs and provides use in some form or the other.
- Hence relevancy of the content has a lot to do with link assets.
- Examples for such type content can be free guides, white papers, infographics, templates, and other relatable content formats.
TYPES OF LINK ASSETS ONE CAN PREFER:
- Infographics, GIFographics&”Map-o-graphics”
- Online Tools and Calculators
- Awards and Rankings
- Study and Research
- Definitive Guides
- Coined Terms
- Above all it has to be ‘Interactive’, ‘Informative’ and ‘Topic-based’ type of linkable asset