It’s an era of smart phones!!!! These days, having a smart phone is more of a need than an option.
Worldwide people own a cell phone than a toothbrush (Consumer Association Technology, 2015)
According to Google report, around 60% of searches are made through mobiles and there shall be a hike in this percentage.
Around 70% of web traffic attributes to mobile devices (CIOdive, 2018), with people spending nearly 5 hours a day watching videos on their smart phones.
These numbers have also kept rising for Facebook with 95.1% of active mobile users (Statistica, 2018)
Also, 85% of twitter users prefer mobiles (Wall Street Journal)
Almost 66% of mobile users purchase products from mobile-friendly e-commerce sites that efficiently communicate their problems.
These statistics prove the inevitability of a mobile-friendly website.
Right from the daily needs like grocery shopping to huge online transactions, smart phones have made their way everywhere.
Hence it is now a necessity for every website to go mobile-friendly and to optimize their web pages accordingly.
Lack of proper mobile page optimization techniques can lead to plunging web traffic statistics casting a negative impact on your online business with rising bounce rates and dropping monetary figures.
Intense keywords search, analysis and a strategically-structured website with great content.Well, all of this sounds great but when it isn’t reaching the vast audience of mobile users, it no more serves a business to thrive.
WHAT IS MOBILE OPTIMIZATION?
It can be defined as a process of ensuring whether your website provides a mobile-friendly user experience that drives more web traffic to your website via mobile devices..!!
HERE ARE TOP 5 MUST KNOW TECHNIQUES FOR A SUCCESFUL MOBILE PAGE OPTIMIZATION
- Page Speed
- In comparison to a PC (Personal Computer) , mobile devices require faster page loading due the technical hardware issues , this in turn increases the chances of bounce rates.
- This is affected by factors such as, large images, code minifying as well as over use of redirects.
- Always ensure standard web hosting!!
- TINY FONT SIZE
- The appearance of your website on a computer screen differs from that of a mobile device. Hence use of small font sizes in the content body may impose strain on the user’s eyes resulting in a negative user experience.
- Also, user of large-sized header may impact your website structure on these sleek devices.
- MOBILE KEYWORDS ANALYSIS
- While many SEO specialists underestimate the importance of mobile keywords due to the wrong perception that a similar keyword research is needed for any device, it is crucial to recognize that user search varies when it comes to mobiles.
- The evolution of voice search optimization has now led to a question-based and conversional keyword research.
- USE OF BLANK SPACES
- Proper spacing of the content is crucial for an appealing user experience.
- In spite great content, websites stuffed with information seem unattractive.
- USE OF INTERSTITIALS (POP-UPS)
- Have you ever wondered why certain websites display pop-up’s as soon as you open their or maybe after a while compelling you to press ‘back’.
- This is due to the use of interstitials which often annoy the users who visit in quest of relatable information on your website.
- The best way to avoid this is to use small pop-up’s preferably for call-to-actions.
Also, other aspects such as local search optimization plays a key role, as the mobile search results are usually local-based providing easy-to-access online transaction options that help grow your online business.In the end, content is the root for any online business to grow. Hence one must concentrate on a well structured content that is mobile-friendly. This includes avoiding the usage of videos and images not supported by mobile devices.